Monday, October 11, 2010

Anasi Boys

Although I didn't finish the book, I read a summary online just so I could find out what happens through out the book because I really enjoyed reading what I got through and I knew I wouldn't have time right now to finish it. I don't think I've ever read a book like this. I really sympathized with Charlie, he had to deal a flamboyant and somewhat obnoxious family member like I have to deal with a similar personality in my own brother. I really loved the way the writer interpreted gods and how he portrayed them. I don't think I've ever read or seen gods portrayed in a manner like this. I think the book flowed well and kept me interested. I found myself trying to read in class and wherever I was but couldn't because my phone would die too quickly( I have the kindle app on my iphone and I've been using that to read everything). I look forward to reading the rest of the book, espically since I paid 10 dollars for it, but I think it's going to have to wait until winter break along with a lot of other things.

No comments:

Post a Comment