Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Aye & Gomorrah

This short story was confusing. I thought I understood it, but then I realized I didn't. I think I filled in blank spaces or ideas with my own idea of what was trying to be portrayed. I don't know if the writer meant to do that, but it was a confusing experience.
From what I understand, spacers have no gender and are paid for sex by some weirdos called frelks. Frelks are like teenage boys, they are horny and want new and interesting things to fornicate with. I think frelks quickly become disappointed by the spacers, they're initially in it for the thrill of being with something different but the lack of emotion from spaces makes them lose interest. And in that way, they remind me of drug addicts, addicted to something but quickly lose interest and want something better. This story was weird, but so are my comparisons, so who am I to judge?

No comments:

Post a Comment