Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Monster Island

I really enjoyed reading Monster Island. The book drew me in really well and had a lot of intensity and suspense that helped keep my interest. I think it's interesting how the book took a different look at the zombie novel. It turned Africa into a safe haven while the rest of the world was falling apart, where in the real world Africa is in dire need of help while more countries prosper. I found myself becoming attached to the zombie Gary. He was struggling to survive but had a lot of inner turmoil that changed him. I think the book played out like a zombie movie and it keep the changing of subjects not very obvious or distracting. I've only finished the first part of the book so far, but I really look forward to finishing the rest of the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment