Monday, September 20, 2010

Vampires

I find it interesting that these stories that we're reading are about experiencing new life. I think Vampires are typically portrayed as sensitives people who are misunderstood. I think in Interview with a Vampire the characters are constantly looking to find their meaning for life. They don't really know where they can from or why they are the way they are. They want to be human but they will never truly be humans even though they try to act and feel the way true humans do. I think they are portrayed as selfish beings in that they are constantly looking to kill in order to survive. They seem to regret having to kill in order to survive but I think the fact that they live forever is something that they should regret more. Experiencing so much in life while never changing while the rest of the world passes you by is something that I would regret a lot. I don't know how I feel about the book. I have mixed emotions, but it was interesting to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment